- Learn the basic concepts of marketing.
- Understand how marketing ties into political initiatives as expressed by citizens, advertisers, and politicians.
- Review the evolution of political marketing through examples from the second half of the 20th century.
- In this course we will learn about the relationship between marketing and politics. Political Marketing is the concept of politicians marketing themselves through various marketing methods similar to that of business marketing. Yet there are unique characteristics as well which we will discuss. We will discuss the evolution of marketing in United States politics. You will learn the pitfalls and benefits of specific political marketing techniques and you will gain an idea of the evolution of political marketing through recent historical examples.
Lesson 1 Introduction
Lesson 1 Quiz
Lesson 2 The Impact of Technology on Marketing
Lesson 2 Quiz
Lesson 3 From Party Politics to Mass Marketing
Lesson 3 Quiz
Lesson 4 The ABC’s of Marketing
Lesson 4 Quiz
Lesson 5 The Information Highway
Lesson 5 Quiz
Lesson 6 Strategy
Lesson 6 Quiz
Lesson 7 Crafting an Image
Lesson 7 Quiz
Lesson 8 The Permanent Campaign
Lesson 8 Quiz
Lesson 9 21st Century Trends
Lesson 9 Quiz
- The Mass Marketing of Politics: Democracy in an Age of Manufactured Images by Bruce I Newman
If you want to take the course please click the following link containing the lessons to complete the course. click here