To develop knowledge of contemporary retail management
issues at the strategic level. To describe and analyse the way
retailing works, specifically the key activities and relationships.
To provide an academic underpinning to the above through the
application of retailing theory and research.
- Understand effective methods and strategies required for retail management.
- Understand how to utilize resources and techniques used in retail management.
- Understand analysis of store location, merchandising, products and pricing.
- 1. Chapter 1 - An Introduction to Retailing , Quiz 1 , PowerPoint
- 2. Chapter 2 - Building and Sustaing Relationships in Retailing
- 3. Chapter 3 - Strategic Planning in Retailing, Quiz 2, Power Point
- 4. Chapter 4 - Chapter 4 -Retail Institutions by Ownerships
- 5. Chapter 5 -Retail Institutions by Store-Based Strategy Mix, Quiz 3 Power Point
- 6. Chapter 6 -Web, Non-Store Based, and other Forms of Traditional Retailing
- 7. Chapter 7-Identifying and Understanding Consumers, Quiz 4, Power Point
- 8. Chapter 8-Information Gathering and Processing in Retailing, Quiz 5 Power Point
- 9. Chapter 9- Trading Area Analysis, Quiz 6, Power Point
- 10. Chapter 10- Site Selection
- 11. Chapter 12 -Operations Management– Financial Dimensions, Quiz 7
- 12. Chapter 13 -Operations Management– Operational Management
- 13. Chapter 14-Developing Merchandise Plans, Quiz 8 Power Point
- 14. Chapter 16 -Financial Merchandise Management, Quiz 9 Power Point
- 15. Chapter 17-Pricing in Retailing, Quiz 10, Power Point
Retail Management: A Strategic Approach- 9th edition, Berman, B. and
Evans, J. R. (2003). Prentice Hall The entire book is accessible online at
If you want to take the course please click the following link containing the lessons to complete the course. click here