Using MyAIU and its elements to compliment the article, you will need to choose five questions from the list below and develop an essay based on those. Once you have your assignment ready, please submit it via your student section for an evaluation.
Bibliography (include at end of essay):
Rogers, Robert; Riddle, Sheryl. Trust in the Workplace. Development Dimensions International. Pittsburgh, USA. 2003.
The reading for this assignment is called Trust in the Workplace.
This topic is important for any business or organization so that the people working there are more productive and creative. This assignment has the goal of exploring trust as an important factor in making a community or business more productive. Explore trust in your life, your workplace and in your own community. Is there trust? Does trust make a difference? What difference?
Questions to develop in your essay. Please include as many personal experiences as needed to explain your views.
- Why is trust important in the workplace?
- How do you define trust?
- What are the advantages of trust? What are the dangers of trust?
- Is it better to have trust in the workplace or better to have control? Can you have trust when management controls the workplace? Does the trust develop creativity and superior productivity?
- Discuss the following areas of Trust in the Workplace…
o Integrity of the organization
o Strategic direction of organization
o Compensating employees to develop trust
o Trust in the work environment
o Communications between workers and management
o Leadership that develops trust
o Rebuilding trust after it has broken
- Give your views on trust. Would you work in an organization where workers and management did not trust each other? Evaluate the trust in the places where you have worked. Was it important or not?
- Is there trust in your community? Does the workplace reflect your broader community?
- Give your final thoughts about trust among people and how trust changes life.
Enjoy and remember to Live, Learn and Share