Many months ago AIU started an Accreditation Process with ASIC in the UK http://www.asicuk.com/ .
We started this process because ASIC has been included on the International Directory of CHEA (Council for Higher Education Accreditation in the US.
ASIC stands for “Accreditation Services for International Schools- Colleges and Universities”. We decided to start this process with them because they are an excellent accreditation agency with great reputation and prestige worldwide but- most importantly- from the beginning they showed us that their main interest is the same as ours- meaning- “the academic growth of the student”.
This process was arduous and complex but- at the same time- very rewarding. AIU submitted to them thousands and thousands of pages and documents so we can fulfill their rigorous evaluation requirements. They also performed an Onsite Visit in which we had the opportunity to face to face explain our philosophy- structure of our programs- and the great resources we are currently offering to our students.
The Process has been completed and ASIC has granted Accreditation to AIU. This accreditation is being shown on their site with our name- please click on the following link: http://www.asicuk.com/international-directory/
For your information- these are a few characteristics of ASIC:
- Recognised by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) in the UK for the Student Visitor Visa Route
- Gained ISO 9001:2008 Accredited Certification
- Member of the CHEA International Quality Group in the USA http://www.cheainternational.org/intdb/display1.asp?ID=c164
- Member of the British Quality Foundation
- Appointed by the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurship (IoEE) as its quality assurance body – http://www.ioeeinternational.org.uk/
- Affiliate Member of ENQA- European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education
- Member of GUIDE Association- Global Universities in Distance Education
- Member of UN Academy Impact group
- Member of The Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA)
Many times during this process ASIC expressed to us how impressed they were with our Online Platform- our Faculty and overall practices.
It is important for you to know that this does not change the AIU accreditation status in the US but evidently it will show the world that this prestigious agency recognizes the quality of our programs.