AIU is a Different University- Unique and Unrepeatable
We are happy to share with the world and the entire AIU Family these main concepts about our institution.
AIU is part of a Global Community in which each member- the student- fulfills his-her goals in life- becomes productive and makes a positive impact in his-her community. At the end of the student program- he/she will be successful because he/she decided what is best for the student and designed his/her own program.
AIU Graduates around the world are breaking paradigms in Higher Education. We recommend everybody to visit the AIU Press Room to be informed about their outstanding student’s accomplishments.
The knowledge- skills and expertise gained during the student’s studies at AIU are inalienable. No institution or persons can take them away or prevent you from applying them to the betterment of your life- your community or enterprises you decide to pursue. We respect each and every government and educational authority role as a regulating body and also the freedom of persons to choose the best options for their personal development and growth. We are very proud of what all our students have done academically- their professional accomplishments and as global citizens. We also know that our graduates consistently received recognition for their abilities in the form of advancement in the private- public sector worldwide in countless capacities. Those accomplishments and recognition speak loudly to the quality and character of the AIU and its graduates. A better administration of the world village and its resources via an andragogic- unique- open learning model that frees students to discover their passion in life and find their purpose while contributing to solving the world’s problems sustainably and respecting human rights
Atlantic International University (AIU). It was established in 1998 in accordance with all state and federal laws as a degree-granting institution in the United States and it is in good standing.
Our founding principles are based on the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights; per article 26- AIU believes that Higher Education is a Human Right. Our students can be found in over 180 countries- they actively participate and volunteer in their communities as part of their academic program and have allocated over 100-000 hours of service to diverse causes and initiatives.
The degree programs offered by AIU follow internationally accepted standards followed by academic institutions around the world. We offer a variety of programs such as: Certificates- Associates- Bachelors- Masters- Doctorate and Post-doctorates in various fields: https://www.aiu.edu/AreasStudy.html
There is no distinction between the programs offered through AIU and those of traditional campus based programs about the following: program structure- degree issued- transcript- and other graduation documents which follow the same standards used by US colleges and universities. AIU graduation documents can include an apostille and authentication from the US Department of State to facilitate their use internationally. To see some of our graduates’ opinion of their studies with us- see: Video Interviews– Testimonials– and the AIU Press Room.
AIU is based in Honolulu- Hawaii. As any other university in the US- we must be registered in the state. Every year the State of Hawaii confers to AIU the CERTIFICATE OF GOOD STANDING. This confirms that AIU complies with all local and federal regulations to operate.
In the US- accreditation is a voluntary process. AIU is not accredited by a recognized body by the US Department of Education. Instead- Atlantic International University is accredited by the Accreditation Service for International Schools- Colleges and Universities (ASIC) http://asicuk.com/; ASIC Accreditation is an internationally renowned quality standard for colleges and universities. The university has earned PREMIER Status with ASIC for its commendable areas of operation
For your information- these are a few characteristics of ASIC:
- Visit ASIC’s Directory of Accredited Colleges and Universities
- ASIC is a member of the CHEA International Quality Group in the USA Note: CHEA recognizes accrediting bodies in the USA.
- ASIC is listed on the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in USA
- ASIC is an approved accreditation body by the Ministerial Department of the Home Office in the UK
The complete information can be found on this page http://aiu.edu/Accreditation.html
You must know that AIU’s main priority is the optimum development of our students. In order to do that- we provide the students with the following academic resources among many others:
- Dynamic and Modern Electronic Student Section which was designed by AIU. You will not find this type of platform elsewhere.
- Magazine – AIU Campus Mundi.
- Academic Tutors assigned to students in order to assist them properly through their programs.
- Many Video Tutorials to help and assist the students.
- MyAIU platform and its 11 elements which has been done to make the student reach his maximum potential- not only as a student- but as a human being as well. See the introductory video for MyAIU platform: http://www.aiu.edu/University/My_Aiu/MP4/englishf.mp4
- New Graduation Section- more attractive and complete showing real testimonials from our outstanding students: https://www.aiu.edu/DownloadCenter.html
- Hundreds of high-quality Online Courses- Spanish and English- as part of the Open Courses initiative of AIU which looks for sharing the knowledge with the world: http://courses.aiu.edu/
- New AIU TV Channel where our students learn and can produce their own shows to the world https://myaiu.tv/
- New AIU Radio Chanel http://www.aiu.edu/aiuradio/
- New Video Messages option where the Advisors communicate with their students through Video- easy and simple.
- Increase of bibliographical references and Texts at the huge AIU Online Library which has 1.2 billion Bibliographical References- 10 million texts and over 235-000 E books
- New site for Optional Assignments where AIU students with many interesting articles related with their programs.
- Mobile APP on iOS and Android bringing the AIU Virtual Campus to any mobile device
- Webinars live weekly and archived
- Conference day and exhibitions
- Virtual Labs and simulations
- “Merlin Media Center” and 106-000+ AIU generated media and academic contents
- Students can defend their Final Dissertations through Video session with 2-3 designated Academic Advisors.
- The outstanding Academic Advisors who follow the academic progress of each one of the students in a personalized way. For AIU each student is unique and unrepeatable and he deserves to complete a program which fits his own interests. The traditional education and current accreditation agencies are for the masses and do not consider this important principle: for AIU every person is different.
We are very proud of our students who have broken paradigms in Higher Education around the world.