Welcome to AIU’s Doctorate in Human Resources Management orientation courses, your gateway to mastering essential HR concepts. Dive into talent acquisition, employee engagement, organizational development, ethics, and HR technology. Led by expert faculty, this orientation sets the stage for your success in the dynamic world of human resources. Welcome to a transformative academic journey at AIU.
- .Communication & Investigation (Comprehensive Resume)
- Organization Theory (Portfolio)
- Experiential Learning (Autobiography)
- Academic Evaluation (Questionnaire)
- Fundament of Knowledge (Integration Chart)
- Fundamental Principles I (Philosophy of Education)
- Professional Evaluation (Self Evaluation Matrix)
- Development of Graduate Study (Guarantee of an Academic Degree)
Research Projects in Human Resources
Ph.D. in human resource management at AIU involves a pivotal phase of undertaking research projects where innovation and scholarly inquiry intersect. These projects will help you explore the forefront of HR management, conducting original research under expert guidance. You will have a research-intensive journey that equips you to address real-world HR challenges, positioning you as a leading voice in the field.
- Doctoral Dissertation Project
- MBM900 Doctoral Proposal
- MBM902 Doctoral Dissertation (15,000 words)
Publication: The PhD Degree in Human Resource Management at AIU strongly encourages doctorate graduates to disseminate their research findings by publishing papers. This can be achieved through online platforms in the public domain or prestigious professional journals and periodicals across the globe.
Best Student Experience at AIU: Doctorate in Human Resources
We help our doctorate graduates achieve the epitome of academic excellence and personal growth at AIU’s Doctorate in Human Resources program. Here, we prioritize delivering the best student experience, ensuring your educational journey is enriching and transformative. From a cutting-edge curriculum designed to meet industry demands to a nurturing environment fostered by experienced faculty, we are dedicated to empowering you with the knowledge, skills, and insights needed to excel in the dynamic field of human resources.
At AIU, we are committed to providing unparalleled support, fostering a vibrant community, and encouraging innovative thinking. Your success is not just a goal; it’s our shared achievement. Embrace an educational adventure where learning knows no bounds and possibilities are limitless.
Community & Social
AIU Community thrives on tech integration. Virtual Campus, MYAIU, AIU Radio, and AIULINK connect globally. Tailored education makes each student a ‘University of One.’ Collaboration happens via Merlin Media Center, AIU Magazine, Campus APP, AIU TV, and real-time events like webinars and symposiums. Virtual Labs and Language Center bridge theory and practice. AIU fosters a vibrant, connected, and engaged community despite the online format.
AIU’s Virtual Campus offers a rich learning environment with 25+ tools, including a new 3D immersive experience. Students access 2,06000 books, 30 million academic resources, and 105,000 AIU-created resources via the Online Library and Merlin Media Center. These resources empower students, fostering growth and fulfillment of their dreams. In our digital age, learning extends beyond classrooms, with experts and online platforms sharing practical knowledge globally.
We conduct two live classes every day for Doctorate in Human graduates. With these classes, you will embark on a transformative academic journey guided by esteemed professors and industry experts. Our live classes provide a real-time, engaging platform where theory meets practical application, fostering in-depth understanding and critical thinking. At AIU, we believe in the power of collaborative learning, and these live sessions are designed to stimulate insightful discussions, share cutting-edge research, and cultivate a vibrant community of HR scholars. Join us as we explore the complexities of the human resources landscape together, equipping you with the knowledge and expertise to lead in this ever-evolving field.
AIU’s symposiums and conferences serve as platforms for students to showcase their expertise, share ideas, and discuss challenges. These events enhance overall student research and work. Participation is often a program requirement, with event announcements sent out 30 days prior via email and the Virtual Campus. Presentations, lasting 20 to 60 minutes, allow for audience interaction. Recordings are archived in AIU Merlin Media Center, fostering student knowledge exchange. These events create networking opportunities and enable future collaboration, enhancing the impact of students’ academic contributions.
In the Doctorate in Human Resources program at Atlantic International University (AIU), students have the unique opportunity to engage in specialized projects that enhance their expertise and contribute to HR management. These special projects are tailored to challenge students’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills, allowing them to explore cutting-edge topics in the HR domain. Under the guidance of experienced mentors, students delve into research initiatives, case studies, and innovative solutions, preparing them to address real-world challenges organizations face today.
AIU’s special projects in the Doctorate in Human Resources program serve as a bridge between theory and practical application. Through these projects, students gain hands-on experience in tackling industry-specific problems, enabling them to develop a deep understanding of HR strategies in various contexts. These unique initiatives empower graduates to apply their knowledge effectively, making substantial contributions to their workplaces and the broader HR community, positioning them as leaders in the field.
At AIU, we are committed to shaping the future leaders of the HR industry. Our Career Center provides a comprehensive suite of resources tailored specifically for our doctoral students, ensuring they are well-equipped to excel in the ever-evolving world of human resources management. From personalized career counseling sessions to industry-focused workshops and networking events, we aim to empower our students with the knowledge, skills, and connections needed to thrive in their professional journey.
At AIU’s Career Center, we not only guide our students toward fulfilling career opportunities but also foster a community where expertise is honed, ideas are shared, and lasting professional relationships are forged. Step into a space where your HR aspirations are nurtured and your career potential is maximized.
The job description for ideal Doctorate in Human Resources graduates includes several critical responsibilities.
- Strategic HR Leadership: Graduates are equipped to lead HR departments, developing and implementing strategic initiatives aligned with organizational goals.
- Organizational Development: They are skilled in driving organizational change, fostering a positive workplace culture, and enhancing employee engagement and productivity.
- Talent Management: Proficient in talent acquisition, retention, and development, they identify and nurture critical organizational talents.
- Research and Analysis: Capable of conducting in-depth research on HR trends, policies, and practices, providing evidence-based recommendations for effective decision-making.
- Policy Development: Expertise in designing and implementing HR policies and procedures that adhere to legal requirements and promote fair and ethical practices.
- Training and Development: They create training programs to enhance employee skills, ensuring continuous learning and professional growth within the organization.
- Conflict Resolution: Skilled in managing workplace conflicts and employee relations, fostering a harmonious work environment.
- Consultancy: Graduates can work as HR consultants, advising organizations on best practices, compliance, and HR strategies to optimize their workforce.
- Academic Excellence: Many graduates pursue careers in academia, becoming professors and researchers, contributing to the academic growth of future HR professionals.
- Thought Leadership: They contribute to the HR field through publications, conferences, and seminars, sharing their expertise and insights with the broader professional community.
Tools for Human Resources Professionals
Some advanced and intelligent digital tools can help take the skills and capabilities of Doctorate in Human Resources graduates to the next level.
- Human Resource Information System (HRIS): Comprehensive software managing various HR functions like employee data, attendance, payroll, and benefits administration.
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS): Facilitates recruitment by managing job postings, applicant profiles, and the hiring process workflow.
- Learning Management System (LMS): Helps in organizing, managing, and tracking employee training and development programs.
- Performance Management Software: Supports the entire performance evaluation process, from setting goals to tracking progress and providing feedback.
- Employee Engagement Platforms: Tools for measuring and enhancing employee satisfaction, motivation, and overall engagement.
- Payroll Software: Manages payroll calculations, tax deductions, and direct deposits efficiently and accurately.
- Survey and Feedback Tools: Platforms to create and conduct employee surveys and collect feedback for organizational improvements.
- Communication Tools: Tools like Slack, Microsoft Teams, or internal intranet systems facilitate seamless communication within the HR department and the organization.
- Benefits Administration Software: Helps HR professionals manage employee benefits, including insurance, retirement plans, and other perks.
- Time and Attendance Tracking Software: Tools to monitor employee working hours, absences, and vacations.
- Succession Planning Software: Aids in identifying and developing internal employees for future leadership positions within the organization.
- AI-Powered HR Tools: Emerging technologies like AI-driven chatbots for HR services, predictive analytics for workforce planning, and sentiment analysis for employee feedback.
Associations for Human Resources Professionals
The key associations for doctorate-level professionals in the field of Human Resources across the world include:
- Academy of Management (AOM)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- International Public Management Association for Human Resources (IPMA-HR)
- American Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration (ASHHRA)
Doctorate in Human Resources Requirements
Our Doctorate in Human Resources program is meticulously crafted for professionals with a master’s degree and at least five years of relevant experience. At AIU, we are committed to equipping these individuals with profound knowledge, essential skills, and specialized expertise essential for excelling in the realm of public administration.
We highly regard the pivotal role experienced professionals play in shaping public policies and fostering effective governance. Hence, our admission requirements are thoughtfully designed to attract dedicated and accomplished individuals passionate about advancing society through advanced academic pursuits.
How Can You Apply?
- Click on this link to open the application form
- Type in all your details and attach your resume
- Submit the application and you are done
- Your application will be further analyzed for consideration
Financial Support & Scholarships
At AIU, we are committed to making your educational journey financially attainable. We offer a range of scholarships designed to cater to diverse needs and situations. By providing us with your details and inquiries, we can assist you in discovering scholarships that align with your unique requirements and ambitions. Let us help you pave the way for your academic success.
How Many Years is a Doctorate in Human Resources Management?
A Doctorate in Human Resources Management typically takes around 3 to 5 years to complete, depending on the individual’s pace of study, the specific program requirements, and whether the student is studying full-time or part-time.
Can You Earn Your Doctorate in Human Resources Management Online?
Yes. AIU is an online university that offers online doctoral programs in Human Resources. The online doctorate program we offer at AIU provides flexibility for working professionals, allowing them to pursue advanced degrees while continuing their careers.
Should I Get an MBA degree or a Doctorate in Human Resources Management?
Of course, a Doctorate in Human Resources Management is a more valuable degree than an MBA as it is a doctoral degree, higher in academic significance than a master’s degree like an MBA.
Is a Doctorate in Human Resources Management Worth It?
A Doctorate in Human Resources Management is worth it for those aiming for top executive, research, or academic roles, deep specialization, extensive networking, and advanced research skills. However, it might only be necessary for some HR career paths. Consider personal goals and aspirations before pursuing them.